- Twitter Gives Online Hate Speech Its Biggest Platform — Why?
- It’s Actually Illegal To Be Racist On The Internet – Let an online abuse expert explain it for you.
- Right-wing extremists placed on terrorism watch lists over fears they are plotting violent attacks in Australia
- Right-wing extremist terror fears: Authorities concerned groups spurred by online propaganda
- Online abuse: ‘It’s so common it’s almost banal’
Tag Archives: Aboriginal Memes
In October, with the support of an ROI “Go Speak” micro-grant, I travelled from Melbourne, Australia to Warsaw, Poland, to present at the 11th International Seminar on Antisemitism. The seminar series has been run every second year for over two … Continue reading
SBS News announced Dr Andre Oboler’s report into Aboriginal Memes and interviewed Dr Oboler on the phenomenon of ‘trolling’ and ‘griefing’. ‘Trolling laws’ inadequate, lawyer says By SBS News Australia needs to have a ‘very important review of the laws’ … Continue reading
Blow is a press release from the Online Hate Prevention Institute and a link to the report Dr Oboler wrote on Aboriginal Memes and Online Hate. The report fully documents the Aboriginal Memes incident, listing each new page that was … Continue reading
An interview with the Online Hate Prevention Institute’s CEO, Dr Andre Oboler, has featured on the SBS TV News accross Australia, as well as in an online articles on the SBS website. Dr Oboler’s comments appear in the News bulletin of … Continue reading