- Twitter Gives Online Hate Speech Its Biggest Platform — Why?
- It’s Actually Illegal To Be Racist On The Internet – Let an online abuse expert explain it for you.
- Right-wing extremists placed on terrorism watch lists over fears they are plotting violent attacks in Australia
- Right-wing extremist terror fears: Authorities concerned groups spurred by online propaganda
- Online abuse: ‘It’s so common it’s almost banal’
Tag Archives: Computer Science Research
Andre Oboler, Examining the use of Software Engineering by Computer Science Researchers, Education Students’ Third Regional Research Conference
Abstract Software Engineering, the art and science of building better software, is a core requirement of most computer science curriculum. Many departments have been renamed from “computer science” to “computer science and software engineering”. In this paper we present a … Continue reading
Andre Oboler, David McG. Squire and Kevin B. Korb, Why don’t we practice what we teach? Engineering Software for Computer Science Research in Academia, ICSERA’03
The development process used by academic researchers often seems unsystematic. A Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is seldom considered, commenting is scarce, and external documentation consists of erasure marks left on whiteboards. Configuration management is paid lip-service, but is not … Continue reading