- Twitter Gives Online Hate Speech Its Biggest Platform — Why?
- It’s Actually Illegal To Be Racist On The Internet – Let an online abuse expert explain it for you.
- Right-wing extremists placed on terrorism watch lists over fears they are plotting violent attacks in Australia
- Right-wing extremist terror fears: Authorities concerned groups spurred by online propaganda
- Online abuse: ‘It’s so common it’s almost banal’
Tag Archives: free speech
This week the Online Hate Prevention Institute (OHPI), an Australian Charity which I have the privilege of leading as its CEO, released my major new report into Hate Speech on Facebook. OHPI seeks to facilitate a change in online culture so that … Continue reading
INTRODUCTION The rise of social media over the last seven years[i] has revolutionised communication. Applications like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and MySpace, have given the online public a means of mass communication. Behind these platforms are large corporations[ii] who profit from … Continue reading
In May 2009, Facebook went into damage control in response to the media interest in Holocaust-denial groups it hosted. This occurred six months after Facebook was notified that such groups not only breached its Terms of Service but were illegal … Continue reading
In a July article I argued Facebook was giving hatred a hand by explicitly allowing Holocaust denial on their site in spite a ban they place on “hateful” content. I suggested regulation was needed and if self regulation didn’t work, … Continue reading
Andre Oboler’s article, “When an MK’s Palestinian narrative drops for a moment” from the Jerusalem Post
Andre Oboler, When an MK’s Palestinian narrative drops for a moment, Jerusalem Post, June 2nd, 2009 Last week I had the pleasure of hearing a member of the Knesset speak at my university in Australia. The talk was titled “Is … Continue reading