- Twitter Gives Online Hate Speech Its Biggest Platform — Why?
- It’s Actually Illegal To Be Racist On The Internet – Let an online abuse expert explain it for you.
- Right-wing extremists placed on terrorism watch lists over fears they are plotting violent attacks in Australia
- Right-wing extremist terror fears: Authorities concerned groups spurred by online propaganda
- Online abuse: ‘It’s so common it’s almost banal’
Tag Archives: internet
Source: Patrick Morgan, Google Street View Runs Into Controversies in Switzerland and Israel, Discover Magazine, February 24th, 2011 Last year, Google raised the ire of many when it confessed that its city-mapping Street View vehicles unintentionally gathered unencrypted Wi-Fi data … Continue reading
Source: Andre Oboler, Egypt’s Internet Blackout, The Cutting Edge, 30 January 2011 The Egyptian Government has become the first in the world to turn off its the internet. As of January 28, almost all internet servers in Egypt are offline. … Continue reading
Caitlyn Martin, Report: Facebook A Haven For Hate Groups, O’Reilly, September 17, 2009 Just over a year ago I reported on the work of Dr. Andre Oboler for O’Reilly News, who had written a report on how Google Earth was … Continue reading
This talk was a keynote speech for an advocacy event run by the Israeli Embassy in London. The presentation followed an address by Israeli’s Ambassador to the UK. As I was in Israel at the time, the talk and Q&A … Continue reading
A presentation to AUJS winter camp on Internet advocacy and online threats. The presentation included a run down of some of the non-internet threats faced by Jewish students in the UK, and comparison with some of the issues faced on … Continue reading