The talk examined:
- Knowledge on the web
- Democratization in Web 2.0
- Personal Identity (a special case)
- Antisemitism and racism
- Social Pressure & Group Think
- A Virtual Reality
- A counter current (a study of the online “group” Anonymous)
- Popular knowledge is popularity, not truth
- Social pressure leads to conformity
- Democratization or communization?
- All can contribute, but is there a new elite?
- Web 2.0 IS being used for public diplomacy in a new grass roots manner
- Removing individuality / creating alternative identities reduces pressure (both positive and negative)