- Twitter Gives Online Hate Speech Its Biggest Platform — Why?
- It’s Actually Illegal To Be Racist On The Internet – Let an online abuse expert explain it for you.
- Right-wing extremists placed on terrorism watch lists over fears they are plotting violent attacks in Australia
- Right-wing extremist terror fears: Authorities concerned groups spurred by online propaganda
- Online abuse: ‘It’s so common it’s almost banal’
Tag Archives: Canada
I presented an extended training session to Hillel staff in Toronto. The session covered online antisemitism as well as positive initiatives to combat it. We also discussed other positive campaigns and campaign strategies.
While in Ottawa I visited Carlton University. They were running a Holocaust Memorial day and I presented on Holocaust denial on the internet. The presentation was left running in a loop as part of the exhibition.
While in Ottawa I gave a guest presentation to a group of year 12 students in after school Hebrew classes. We spoke about the conference, internet antisemitism, and their own experiences. The underlying theme was about Jewish leadership and the … Continue reading
I was invited to attend the Inter-parliamentary Coalition for Combating Antisemitism as one of the Coalition’s international experts. I presented as part of a panel in the Experts Forum along with Christopher Wolf (ADL), Rabbi Abraham Cooper (Simon Wiesenthal Center), … Continue reading
The Jewish Tribune in Canada reports on Andre Oboler’s work at the Global Forum to Combat Antisemitism
Avraham Zuroff, Antisemitism: Internet is newest medium, global forum told, The Jewish Tribune (Canada), Wednesday, 13 January 2010 Jerusalem – Antisemitism on the Internet is one of the newest forms of hatred towards Jews, according to an attorney and an … Continue reading