- My new article at JPost on the upcoming Global Forum to Combat Antisemitism: http://t.co/hcV2YOfksz 3 weeks ago
- New report: troll spreading hate against ANZACs before #ANZACDay then impersonating me to direct outrage my way http://t.co/hN2yXLwT8m 3 weeks ago
- OHPI calls for anti-Muslim page to be removed from Facebook http://t.co/y6fKw1HYe2 #Islamophobia #Islam #Facebook #SocialMedia 1 month ago
- Lots of comments on my JPost article re: #OpIsrael shame some of them appear not to have read the article http://t.co/SV63kMbd6u 1 month ago
- Article in #Hebrew on my work re: online antisemitism at Mako (Channel 2, Israel) http://t.co/7WOv9j3Uvo #Israel #antisemitism 1 month ago
Dr Oboler on YouTube
Tag Archives: feature-students
I presented an extended training session to Hillel staff in Toronto. The session covered online antisemitism as well as positive initiatives to combat it. We also discussed other positive campaigns and campaign strategies.
While in Ottawa I visited Carlton University. They were running a Holocaust Memorial day and I presented on Holocaust denial on the internet. The presentation was left running in a loop as part of the exhibition.
While in Ottawa I gave a guest presentation to a group of year 12 students in after school Hebrew classes. We spoke about the conference, internet antisemitism, and their own experiences. The underlying theme was about Jewish leadership and the … Continue reading
This presentation to teachers at the Australian Jewish Educators Conference introduced Click Against Hate to those unfamiliar with the program. Click Against Hate is a program I developed for the Anti-Defamation Commission as a way of education student sin year … Continue reading
This was a technical talk to engineering and computer science university students at the Universitatea Politehnica of Bucharest in Romania. The talk was organised by the Romanian branch of the IEEE Computer Society and was delivered to a packed lecture … Continue reading
This presentation to the executive conference of the Executive Conference of the Australia Union of Jewish Students (AUJS) highlighted the spread on antisemitism 2.0 and gave a particular focus to YouTube. It included discussion of the Sasha Baron Cohen clip … Continue reading
I assisted the World Union of Jewish Students (WUJS) with their 2009 congress, “WUJS 3G”. The Congress, based in Jerusalem, was themes on emerging technology. I moderated the track online antisemitism which included a presentation from myself as well as … Continue reading
This talk was presented to Madrichim (youth group leaders) at one of Melbourne’s Zionist Youth Groups. The presentation focused on both old style antisemitism online and the newer antisemitism 2.0
This presentation to the basic training conference of the Australian Union of Jewish Students, recruited student volunteers to help with a new public diplomacy project in anticipation of the UN Durban II Conference.