- Twitter Gives Online Hate Speech Its Biggest Platform — Why?
- It’s Actually Illegal To Be Racist On The Internet – Let an online abuse expert explain it for you.
- Right-wing extremists placed on terrorism watch lists over fears they are plotting violent attacks in Australia
- Right-wing extremist terror fears: Authorities concerned groups spurred by online propaganda
- Online abuse: ‘It’s so common it’s almost banal’
Tag Archives: israel is not a country
This was published as an updated version of the popular First Monday article by the same name. Abstract: One Facebook group has repeatedly caught the media’s attention. The group was called “Israel” is not a country! … Delist it from … Continue reading
One Facebook group has repeatedly caught the media’s attention. The group was called ‘”Israel” is not a country! … Delist it from Facebook as a country!”‘ Despite the opinions of experts who highlighted the racist nature of the group, Facebook … Continue reading
The Jerusalem Post gets Dr Andre Oboler’s analysis on the Jewish Internet Defense Force’s Facebook campaign
Stephanie Rubenstein, Jewish Internet Defense Force ‘seizes control’ of anti-Israel Facebook group, Jerusalem Post, Jul. 29, 2008 The Jewish Internet Defense Force, a group that claims to have 5,000 members worldwide, says it is steadily removing members from a viciously … Continue reading
Andre Oboler, Online Antisemitism 2.0. “Social Antisemitism on the Social Web”, JCPA Post-Holocaust and Antisemitism Series
Around 2004, changes in technology created Web 2.0. As technology adapted, so did online antisemitism. With the new “social web” came a new “social antisemitism.” This Antisemitism 2.0 is the use of online social networking and content collaboration to share … Continue reading
The Israel is not a Country Facebook Group The “Israel is not a country” group was an antisemitic group on Facebook between 2007 and 2008. The group was brought to the attention of experts, policy makers and the public, when … Continue reading