- Twitter Gives Online Hate Speech Its Biggest Platform — Why?
- It’s Actually Illegal To Be Racist On The Internet – Let an online abuse expert explain it for you.
- Right-wing extremists placed on terrorism watch lists over fears they are plotting violent attacks in Australia
- Right-wing extremist terror fears: Authorities concerned groups spurred by online propaganda
- Online abuse: ‘It’s so common it’s almost banal’
Tag Archives: racism
By Josh Butler in The Huffington Post. The internet might seem like a lawless frontier, but if you’re racist or abusive online, you can be criminally prosecuted. In fact, there are more restrictions on what you can say online than … Continue reading
By Mike Wendling at BBC News. A social networking CEO is subjected to racist attacks on her own website. A cartoonist’s life is trashed by trolls. Women get rape and death threats. There’s a case to be made that online, … Continue reading
This week the Online Hate Prevention Institute (OHPI), an Australian Charity which I have the privilege of leading as its CEO, released my major new report into Hate Speech on Facebook. OHPI seeks to facilitate a change in online culture so that … Continue reading
Dr Andre Oboler, discussed the use of social media to exposes racism with SBS News. This discussion takes place in response to a racist incident on bus, which was videoed through the use of a smart phone and later released … Continue reading
Andre Oboler’s article, “When an MK’s Palestinian narrative drops for a moment” from the Jerusalem Post
Andre Oboler, When an MK’s Palestinian narrative drops for a moment, Jerusalem Post, June 2nd, 2009 Last week I had the pleasure of hearing a member of the Knesset speak at my university in Australia. The talk was titled “Is … Continue reading